Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Passion of the Mortal

We all grow up with an aim, something that we see ourselves having achieved at a particular age in our lives. I for one, never thought in that direction. Instead, I did whatever I found was easy, or what others thought was good for me. And now, I've earned myself a place where I'm no more enjoying my choices and want to break free from all of it at once.

So one day I sat thinking to myself, where could my passion lie? Something that I could transform to earn a daily living rather than do a job that does not interest me.

I think, the universe has provided us with so many options/possibilities, one mortal like me cant be blamed for being so confused about which route to choose. And after taking a few free career assessment tests online (which only left me more confused), I decided to make a list of all the things that appeal to me.
Here is the copy of how it more or less looked like..

[Where does my interest lie]

• I love to write!! (though not all the time)
• I’d want to design buildings, or design the city’s sky line!!
• Try to improve my blog
-> with ideas like (currently) make videos, write what no one writes but would always think of or do
Design –> Interiors, how things look good together.
• Read (not really so much) -> don’t see myself as an editor-in-chief.
• Watch TV – Cookery shows, travel, self help, mega structures
• Do I like Ryan Seacrest’s job at E! ?
• Travel the world, see new cultures, architecture (modern as well as ancient)
• Love correcting people.
-> On pronunciation, clothing ("you look a bit fat in this”)
• Try different cuisines [no non-veg, not even eggs]

And the list goes on!

So, what’s your passion?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

mayynnn.......u seem lyk a mirror in frnt of me......
m in my last yr n m still lukin wer my passion is....!!!

n btw do u sit on ur blog on "sunday's" ONLY...???..:O

Sid said...

lol.. I actually get time only over weekends..I'm overworked...WAAAAAAHH!!

Unknown said...

hey....der busy man.....
i atleast hope 2 gt ur id....
i mean evrydae i sit in frnt of d comp..al ready 2 gt a rep frm u...
BT...d overworked guy doz nt blog mch..:-(
nywayz...as tol ya earlier m kevin...
wld luv 2 b frndz wid u....
appreciate gttin a rep soon..;)
til den ciao..cheers..:P

Sid said...

Well, I feel honoured I have someone who follows my blog..feels really good to know that!!
Lets keep in touch via Facebook, would be fun!!

Unknown said...

busy since mnthzz i feel.....

lemme noe wen u repp....:P

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.