Saturday, March 27, 2010

"I'm gonna break break your heart"



Listening to this song (picked it up from Billboard.com, currently 5th position as on 03April2010) made me groove to it at first.
Finally, when the lyrics set into my brains, I couldn't help but wonder, how easy would it have been had our old girlfriends/boyfriends, who we left behind, would have made it clear to us at the beginning, in simple words like the song does, that they would eventually hurt us.
That they do not believe that monogamy fits them in any size, or that they can't give enough time into this, or that they would change their minds in the next 2 years, or that they would beat the sh*t out of us for any wrong move, or (in my case) would leave us in the middle of the party for someone else.

Imagine all the heartbreaks, the wandering around the streets in pain all by yourself, your shrink's expensive appointments, the long waiting for your turn at the dermatologist's to peel the past off your face.. imagine all of that not being there in life. Instead, enjoying all the other things that you had given up on for the relationship to work. Wouldn't that be just perfect?

If you fall for me,
I'm not easy to please
I might tear you apart
Told you from the start, baby, from the start,

That I'm only gonna break break your break break your heart....

PS: Do not forget to turn off your lights today between 8:30pm to 9:30pm, IPL or American Idol could wait!!

No comments: