Wednesday, October 28, 2009

And I finally updated my blog!!

Going through a few of my regularly checked out blogs of different people (and updated from time to time by them), I had this intense, never ending desire of writing something. Something that would make me think I updated my blog, not that many read it, or would give it any importance, but I just wanted to write.

A lot happened in the past one year that I was away. It started with the dream job knocking my doors.

I got a call one day from a consultant (when I was unhappy with my then job and updated my resume over the job sites) regarding a opening in an international bank having very strong roots in the US and Europe. I jumped at the offer and went for the interview.

Surprisingly, I got the job. I was told that we might have to migrate our work from US, so there would be people coming from there to teach us how and what we are supposed to do. Then the Taj was bombed and our trainers never came. They say, If Mohammad doesn't come to the mountains...
We were transferred to Tampa, Florida for three months on 17Jan09, all expenses paid and that's how I received my first stamp on my passport.

Away from family and the love of my life, it only felt more miserable, lonesome and inadequate. I used to weep in my plush bed and spend my (hard) Tampa-earned money over $10 calling cards. I also shopped from NY, Miami, all the underwears, the tees, designer labels we crave to buy but quench our thirst with factory seconds from Fascination/Fendi/Nostradamus, Bandra for Rs. 500.

Coming back from Amreeka, I found my love receiving me at the airport, after which, followed a heavy punjabi khaana and some heavy petting.

A few months later, the lover fell in love with someone else and I had to bite the dust, but not for too long. My lover's lover left, but the hurt in me stayed. Zillions of fights later, we are still together (and just might never see each other the very next day).

The 'dream job' has turned out to be something completely different, boring, stressful and too demanding of my youth and charisma(ha..), but till the bond lasts, sick leaves are my best friend.

Desperately waiting for the 13th of November, my birthday.

Till then, enjoy blogging!!

No comments: