Thursday, July 24, 2008

My first mard-ko-dard-nahi-hota Pedicure

Translation: My first boys-don't-cry Pedicure
On 23rd evening, I was in two minds: whether to think of Bubu's present(it was his birthday next day and I had not decided on what I was going to gift him yet) or to get myself a pedicure.
Remembering how my professor once explained of losing her toe nail to bacteria (or maybe fungus, don't remember) after dirt got stuck inside the nail for a long time, I decided to give myself a nice cleaning up.

I called up my neighbourhood spa, Cleopatra(Ah, what name!) and asked if they could accommodate me in their busy schedule. They agreed. Sylvia (name changed to protect identity) attended me to a plush chair with a wash basin on the floor. I'd be honest, it wasn't my first time, but since my last pedicure was way before the Nuclear deal had surfaced the news channels, I found myself re-virginised to the entire experience.

The procedure began with the usual nail clipping and then something to do with a thing she named a filer.
Quite erry, I decided to use my "This' my first time, please be a bit gentle" line, she obliged saying something in a chinky accent I didn't quite understand(I'm not racist, its just the way the mongoloids speak). She repeated again, this time more clearly, "Sir, you have in-grown nails, it might cause you some discomfort cleaning the interiors", and she started digging in. Now, being from the adam's family, one has to keep his calm and act as if nothing can give you enough pain to make you cry like a blonde lady, or so has been taught to us by the society since childhood. So I kept myself appearing normal, which was more excruciating than the pain itself.

She finally ended her excavation with a cream, cuticle removing and hot water dip, later followed by a foot massage and surprisingly, it did take away all the tension off my feet. They looked fresh and smelled great, which my dog appreciated too, by licking them all over!!
With my nails still feeling like I just clipped them, even after 3 days since that agonising pedicure happened, I have pledged to myself on never depending on anybody to clip my nails. You could have tears drop down your eyes while getting stitches from a doctor, you can't give away any clue you're feeling hurt from a pedicure!!

No comments: